Digitas New York to LGBT Teens: “It Gets Better” (VIDEO)
Adding their voices to the “It Gets Better” message, employees at Digitas New York have recorded a video in which they discuss how they felt growing up as LGBT teenagers and how life has continued to get better every day since they found communities in which they are supported and valued.
The video has a more conversational feel than previous videos we’ve featured from the It Gets Better project.
Watch it below:
Have You Heard About the Make It Better Project?
The Make It Better Project is supported by a host of LGBT organizations and charities, and is aimed at LGBT youth with the message that, yes, it does get better, but you don’t have to wait. There are people who want to help stop the bullying right here, right now—all you have to do is reach out to them and ask for help.
For more information, and links to resources for LGBT teens, their parents, educators and straight advocates, please click here.
Connect with the Make It Better Project:
- Visit the Make It Better Project Website
- Follow the Make It Better Project on YouTube
- Follow the Make It Better Project on Twitter
- Follow the Make It Better Project on Facebook
CARE2 PETITION: Help end anti-LGBT bullying!
Already signed the Care2 petition? Thank you! Please consider forwarding it to five friends.
Don’t Suffer in Silence, Get Help!
The Trevor Project runs a 24/7 helpline with trained counselors ready to listen if you or someone you know would like to talk about the issues dealt with in this post.
The Trevor Project Helpline number is 1-866-4-U-TREVOR (1-866-488-7386).
Trevor Project Links:
- Follow the Trevor Project on Facebook
- Follow the Trevor Project on Twitter
- Volunteer for the Trevor Project
- Trans Actress Alexandra Billings to LGBT Teens: ‘Stick Around, It Does Get Better’
- Seth Walsh’s Mom Speaks Out About Her Son’s Anti-LGBT Bullying Related Death
- Pixar Studios to Gay Teens: It Gets Better
Photo taken from the project video, no infringement intended.