START A PETITION 27,000,000 members: the world's largest community for good
2,066,396 people care about Politics

Is The Obama Presidency As Bad As Bush’s? The Media Wants Us To Think So

Is The Obama Presidency As Bad As Bush’s? The Media Wants Us To Think So


Americans don’t like President Barack Obama.  In fact, the majority of them think George W. Bush was at least as good as Obama is.

At least, that is what the media is trying to tell us.

According to multiple headlines, a “majority” of Americans believe that “Obama’s presidency [is] either about the same or worse than Bush’s.

It’s a technically correct statement.  It’s also not providing a very accurate picture.  The poll results state that 22 percent of respondents say the presidencies are about the same, and 34 percent say Obama’s presidency has been worse.  This totals to 56 percent, a slim majority.

But 43 percent of respondents said that Obama has been a better president than Bush.  Add that with the “same as” percentage, and you have 65 percent who believe that Obama has been the same or better, nearly two thirds of respondents.

Nothing like manipulating numbers to make them say what you want them to say.


Related Stories:

Majority Not Happy With Jobs Plan, But Obama Still Better Than GOP

Republicans Claim New Polling Means They Will Win in 2012

Obama Leads, Trails In New Polls

Read more: , ,

photo credit: Chuck Kennedy, White House Photostream

have you shared this story yet?

some of the best people we know are doing it


+ add your own
7:24AM PST on Feb 21, 2013

Obama is not the worst. Not in the least. If you think Obama is the worst president because of the economy, you are thinking of Bush. He put the economy on the verge of collapse, then ran out of there ASAP. Not to mention how he made up a completely unnecessary war for selfish reasons. If you think Obama is the worst for other reasons, well, you watch too much Fox Noise and Rush Limbaugh propaganda.

2:47PM PDT on Oct 1, 2011

Thanks to Pego R., for the Green Star and your own well-reasoned comments, and especially for the alternatives to main-stream media madness.

9:35PM PDT on Sep 29, 2011

I have never been able to forget the alternative...McCain and Palin would have sent us all down the tubes in a big rush, while playing footsie with the corporate big shoots.

I still think that President Obama meant every promise during his campaign. I have a suspicions that he's being made to bargain for every step he wants to take - you know, the "we'll vote for you on this issue and you concede that issue" sort of thing. That may be totally off base, but that's what strikes me when I see him speaking without that enthusiasm he once had. What really frightens me is who is really running this country.

7:54PM PDT on Sep 27, 2011

No matter who is in the White House, the Congress and Senate and House of Representatives HAVE TO SUPPORT the president or nothing can ever get done!

7:42PM PDT on Sep 26, 2011


6:59PM PDT on Sep 26, 2011

Bush was a disaster, but honestly, I didn't see that much difference with Obama...

4:47PM PDT on Sep 26, 2011

Scum like Komrad Wilhelm Klinton and One Big @$$ Mistake America are the death of USA. Shrub (Bush JR) was an idiot, but Klinton and the Obama administration are outright traitors. Vote against the Dummycrats to save the nation, vote against BOTH big parties to get useful changes!

3:53PM PDT on Sep 26, 2011

I don't disagree with you Ryder and, if you read my post, I would hope that is clear enough. No President is going to be the new "Jesus" and if they think he is, well, that's what they thought about Dubya, and Reagan before him.

12:59PM PDT on Sep 26, 2011

Obama is a very good president. It is the republican congress that is a disaster.
they block everything the democrats put forth. The Transylvania tea party even blocks anything that the middle of the road republicans puts forth.

the Transylvania tea party, out to suck the blood out of our nation.


11:43AM PDT on Sep 26, 2011

The Bush presidency was a disaster.

The republican house and the obstructionist in the senate is a disaster.

Obama is doing the best he can with the slime in congress.

add your comment

Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.

Care2 - Be Extraordinary - Start a Care2 Petition
ads keep care2 free

Recent Comments from Causes

I agree with CAROL P.'s comments about elephants trusting humans. I admire the work that this reporter…

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

ads keep care2 free

Select names from your address book   |   Help

We hate spam. We do not sell or share the email addresses you provide.

site feedback


Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!