Corporations don’t have to worry about the consequences of their actions, but people do. We’re the ones who breathe the polluted air, drink the contaminated water, and watch our beautiful wild places destroyed in pursuit of dirty energy. It’s time to take a stand against mountaintop removal once and for all. Here’s how to get started:
1. Sign our petition to convince Congress to ban MTR and to enforce legal requirements for coal mining in Appalachia.
2. Write to your Senators asking them to support the Appalachia Restoration Act.
3. Ask your state representative to stop Big Coal from dumping toxic mining waste into streams.
4. Write to the EPA demanding that they veto all pending valley fill permits.
5. Find out how you’re connected to mountaintop removal as well as what you can do about it.
All images copyright ilovemountains.org
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.
Problem on this page? Briefly let us know what isn't working for you and we'll try to make it right!