The Spring season, while uplifting and beautiful in so many ways, can also be pretty demanding; sometimes it’s difficult to shake off our winter lethargy and rise to the occasion.
Here are ten fun tips designed to help you feel more energized and renewed. Prepare to be inspired with the feel-good zing of Spring!
1. Decide what you want for your future. Stake your claim. Having a goal or vision will give your life direction, purpose, and passion.
2. Make a list of the past successes in your life. By remembering your accomplishments, you’ll have the confidence necessary to achieve even greater ones. Remember that, as Anthony Robbins says, “If you’ve ever done anything successfully, you can do it again. Imagine and feel certain now about the emotions you deserve to have instead of waiting for them to spontaneously appear someday in the far distant future.”
3. Create scenes in your mind of happiness, health, and success. Fill in the details with sounds, colors, and scents. Pull up these images whenever you need a boost.
4. Look forward to something. Plan a vacation, getaway weekend, or fun day trip. When stress strikes, recall the event you’ve planned for the near future.
5. Buy a book of affirmations and carry it with you. Read it throughout the day to lift your spirits and instill confidence.
6. Communicate with nature. Explore the woods, a garden, or just sit on the grass and appreciate the sights, sounds, and smells.
7. Maintain a positive attitude. Negativity affects your mood, job performance, physical appearance, and health. Your mood is contagious to those around you, too. Upbeat, optimistic people are more likely to be healthy, energetic, and successful. A Swedish study of senior citizens found that mental health was an even stronger predictor of longevity than was physical health.
8. For a quick shot of energy, stand up and do this exercise: Bend over at the waist and hang your head down so that your hands are touching your toes (if possible) and you’re looking at your knees. Relax your upper body. Hold this position for several seconds, then slowly rise.
9. Spice up your day: Cook a spicy meal for breakfast. Add hot salsa to your scrambled eggs, jalapeno jelly to your toast, or a little cayenne, cinnamon, and nutmeg to your oatmeal. Spicy foods simulate your metabolism and awaken your senses for the day ahead.
10. Stay focused: focus on the daily moments of joy. Don’t allow them to slip by unnoticed or ignored. Happy times provide an enormous source of power to your life.