6. Be sure to fit some exercise into your day. A minimum of twenty minutes of vigorous activity will get your circulation going, improve lymph flow, and increase energy. Your lymphatic system is the equivalent of a street cleaning system within your body. It sweeps up toxins from all your tissues. If you experience swelling, cellulite, pain, or fatigue, your lymphatic system may not be keeping up the toxic load in your body. Unlike the blood which has the heart to help it pump, the lymphatic system relies on exercise and deep breathing to move.
7. Avoid margarine and foods made with hydrogenated fats or trans fats. These toxic and unnatural foods make your body’s detox organs sluggish and require huge amounts of energy for digestion. They also lead to weight gain and many are known neurotoxins, that is, they attack the brain and nervous system, which may result in pain and inflammation, among other health issues.
8. Avoid foods that contain synthetic colors, preservatives, and other additives. The liver expends massive energy trying to process these artificial substances. By avoiding them, you are giving your liver a break so it can free up its energy.
9. Eat plenty of veggies, preferably raw, steamed, or lightly sauteed.
10. Cut back on animal protein during your cleanse since these foods tax the digestive system. Lean organic meat or poultry or wild-caught fish in small amounts are fine.
Cleansing your body doesn’t have to be difficult or involve starvation. With minimal effort and some simple dietary and lifestyle changes, you can help detoxify your body and start to feel better than ever.