6. Use organic cotton and/or bamboo, or reclaimed fabric towels. Lots of discount retailers sell eco-friendly towels, such as organic cotton, bamboo, or organic cotton-bamboo blend. For example Bed, Bath, and Beyond a nationwide retail store, sells them for reasonable prices. They routinely offer 20% coupon specials, which make the towels even more affordable. And, bamboo towels are extremely soft, luxuriant, and absorbent.
7. Buy recycled and/or natural fitness products. Fitness product manufacturers such as Gaiam and Natural Fitness Inc., are beginning to manufacture products using recycled materials, especially rubber.
8. Choose eco-friendly organic and/or recycled active wear. Today, there seems to be an over abundance of green materials being made into clothing. Time will tell what materials consumers like best due to price, performance, look, and feel. LuLuLemon and Gaiam offer organic cotton and soy fiber blend, seaweed blend, and recycled polyester active wear for men and women that is form flattering, comfortable, and long-lasting. (I like LuLuLemon, because their clothes look and fit me best, and their retail stores are built eco-friendly too.) Brooks Sports makes a biodegradable athletic running shoe. Another frugally green idea is to shop your local, upscale thrift shops. The best days to find great clothes are Mondays and Tuesdays after folks have dropped off their clothing over the weekend. Thrift shops are hit and miss so you may need to visit them more than once.
9. If you upgrade your home gym, make it eco-friendly. You can easily incorporate all these planet friendly measures when creating your home gym.
10. Buy used workout DVDs, as it’s a great way to recycle and save money too. You can find great quality, popular used home workout DVDs for less than half price at Amazon.com, EBay.com, and Half.com.
Get More 30 Days to a Greener You Ideas
Linda LaRue is a registered nurse, an athletic trainer and the creater of The SOUPer Slim Diet and Crunchless Abs. Learn more at www.LindaLaRue.com.
Intent.com provides content and community for who you aspire to be–personally, socially and globally.