10 Party Season Survival Tips
Do you want to have your cake, drinks, cookies and turkey dinner – and eat them too? Here are a few simple party season survival tips that can help you make it through the holidays with your energy level – and waistline – in tact.
1. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration, the reason many people feel “hung over” from drinking too much or eating too much heavy food.
2. Take a high-quality B-complex and vitamin C supplement, both of which are depleted by alcohol consumption and stress and needed for energy and immunity.
3. Eat fruit throughout the day—the best food to keep your body cleansed and supported with super-healing phytonutrients–potent plant nutrients.
4. Eat a large green salad for lunch and dinner before heading out to any holiday parties.
5. Eat a small healthy snack every two hours to stabilize blood sugar. Wild blood sugar fluctuations can deplete your energy, cause your body to gain weight, and depress your immune system, making you more vulnerable to those cold and flu bugs found in droves at most parties.
6. Avoid eating sweets, synthetic sweeteners or foods sweetened with them at home. You’ll probably get enough of these treats at the party.
7. Be sure to fit some exercise into your day, even if it means taking the stairs or walking faster than normal at the mall while holiday shopping. A minimum of twenty minutes of vigorous activity will get your circulation going, improve lymph flow, increase energy, and help your body handle the stress of the holiday season.
8. Avoid margarine and foods made with hydrogenated fats. These toxic foods make your body’s detox organs sluggish and require huge amounts of energy for digestion. They also lead to weight gain.
9. Avoid foods that contain synthetic colors, preservatives, and other additives. By avoiding them throughout the day, you are giving your liver a break so it can devote its energy to holiday foods.
10. Don’t overindulge at the party. Treat yourself, but try not to overdo it!
Adapted with permission from The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan by Michelle Schoffro Cook.
Click here to learn about a type of phytonutrient that’s been proven effective against cancer, Alzheimer’s, and heart disease.
Michelle Schoffro Cook