Do you want to have your cake, drinks, cookies and turkey dinner – and eat them too? Here are a few simple party season survival tips that can help you make it through the holidays with your energy level – and waistline – in tact.
1. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration, the reason many people feel “hung over” from drinking too much or eating too much heavy food.
2. Take a high-quality B-complex and vitamin C supplement, both of which are depleted by alcohol consumption and stress and needed for energy and immunity.
3. Eat fruit throughout the day—the best food to keep your body cleansed and supported with super-healing phytonutrients–potent plant nutrients.
4. Eat a large green salad for lunch and dinner before heading out to any holiday parties.
5. Eat a small healthy snack every two hours to stabilize blood sugar. Wild blood sugar fluctuations can deplete your energy, cause your body to gain weight, and depress your immune system, making you more vulnerable to those cold and flu bugs found in droves at most parties.