6. Drink milk fortified with Vitamin D. It’s one of the best ways to get this vital, immunity-boosting vitamin into your system.
7. Fortified cereal grains help your body absorb more folate (folic acid) than if you take this nutrient in the form of vegetables and greens.
8. If you add a squirt of lemon to your green tea, it will help absorb more catechins, a key health-boosting nutrient.
9. Which is better? Tomatoes in salad or tomatoes in marinara sauce? Guess what: cooked tomatoes have a much higher antioxidant quotient than raw ones!
10. Decline the fat-free dressing in salads, even if you are watching calories. The reason: certain nutrients are best absorbed in the presence of fat. So, go ahead and drizzle some real dressing on your greens! Don’t forget to sprinkle some freshly crushed black pepper on your salads and soups: this wonder spice is famous for ferrying nutrients right into your cells.