“The media and cosmetic companies have it all wrong. This is how you can really be beautiful. (Hint: you already are.)”
This video, from blogger Chookooloonks (Karen Walrond), discusses what real beauty is—and how your differences actually heighten your beauty. She shows portraits of women from a wide range of backgrounds, all of whom are unquestionably radiant, each in her own unique way. Watch it above, and remember how beautiful you are, too!
From the video, here’s a list of the top 10 ways to stay true to yourself, your differences, and your beauty:
1. Remember there are differences, but there are no flaws.
2. There’s only one fashion rule: if it makes you feel awesome, wear it.
3. Be willing to be vulnerable, so you can also fully experience joy.
4. Control your own perspective. Perspective is everything.
5. Another word for sexy? Confident.
6. Breathe. Deeply and every day.
7. Express yourself. Often, kindly and without apology.
8. The adventure is in the attempt. Embrace possibility.
9. To remain youthful, never stop looking for the wonderful.
10. And finally: create your own story. Never let others create it for you.