Trying to maintain a youthful appearance but don’t want to undergo the knife, Botox, or some other invasive procedure? Natural herbs and nutrients can help. Here are 11 of the best ones for anti-aging:
1. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA): ALA is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your body from free radical damage. It also helps to recycle other antioxidants like vitamins E and C, giving you greater protection against free radicals. Free radicals are to blame for aging and disease, including skin damage and wrinkling.
2. Bilberry: Packed with antioxidants, bilberry is potent medicine against many age-related concerns. It is helpful to preserve vision and prevent degenerative eye diseases.
3. GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid): Declining levels of HGH are linked with many of the symptoms linked with aging: fat gain, muscle loss, loss of energy, poor sleep, skin changes, bone density loss, and a decline in libido. Supplementing with GABA, a natural amino acid helps to maintain levels of HGH naturally, lessening these unwanted symptoms. Avoid GABA if you are prone to seizures.
4. Garlic (Allium sativum): Garlic is renowned for its potent effects on viruses and bacteria, but it also reduces cholesterol levels and helps lower blood pressure. In one Japanese study, garlic slowed age-related memory loss in animals.
5. Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba): There is solid scientific research that supports the use of ginkgo to increase blood flow to the brain, one of the areas that is commonly affected by aging. European research shows ginkgo’s capacity to help people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia to become more sociable and alert. You can take 60 to 240 mg of standardized ginkgo extract per day.
6. Ginseng (Panax ginseng): Among the Chinese, ginseng is considered the Fountain of Youth. According to renowned herbalist Dr. James Duke, it tones the skin and muscles, improves appetite and digestion, and restores sexual energy.