7. Go somewhere in nature, take a hike, take your shoes off and walk barefoot on the grass, or hug, or climb a tree. Anything in nature will bring your body back into balance, allowing you to get clear about the things that are the most important to you. Your joy will come back and you will enjoy the healing benefits for days afterwards, wondering why on earth you don’t do this more often!
8. If you love photography, join a photography club and participate in their outings. I once went Whale watching with a friend’s group and we found ourselves surrounded by a huge pod of Orca’s jumping and leaping along side our boat just like Dolphins. It was spectacular!
9. Take a historic walking tour of a city near by, combining your love of walking, architecture and history. Do it self-guided or with a tour guide for a nominal fee.
10. Check out your Park and Recreation Department guide and take a class that you always wanted to take but maybe were too intimidated to do so. Maybe it is belly dancing, or tango, or art. I have heard the most amazing stories from my art-teacher friend Candace who teaches a creativity class. Students who swore they couldn’t draw a thing came up with the most fabulous work. It started them on a rewarding new path they never imagined could happen.
11. Take a vision board class, get in touch with your heart’s desires and watch your dreams unfold. It is always so astonishing to me how we are able to manifest what we desire when we create a visual affirmation of it. These classes are often inexpensive and you get to spend a focused period of time dreaming, envisioning and creating. Guaranteed to make your heart sing for many days afterwards!
12.Check your local book store for book signings and author lectures. You will most likely learn something, be inspired and be among interesting people. Stay for the free cocktail reception afterwards.
And….I will throw in one more- number 13: we all know that making love is (hopefully free, fun and fulfilling, so plan on making lots and lots more of it!
See how different your energy is after doing things on your fun, free and fulfilling list of activities, and record how long you enjoy these benefits far into the next week!
Please share with us the things you do that are free, fun and fulfilling (PG rated only please:)
Watch this powerful video, the Story of Stuff to learn more.
To read more from Erica Sofrina’s series on our Addiction to Stuff and what we can do about it- read: