For some, living single is a clear life choice, but for many it is a stop along the way where we may not want to lay our bags down. Love comes and leaves early for some and late for others, but moments alone can be full of wonderment whether you are single or married. Here are a few tips towards living more happily, finding love within yourself or with others and simply learning to enjoy life’s journey.
1. Don’t go to the liquor store for milk. You will not get milk where it is not sold. So to avoid disappointment, don’t expect responses from people that they may not be emotionally, psychologically or mentally equipped to give you.
2. If there is clutter, clean it out. For a positive attitude you need to eliminate the negative habits, people and influences from your life.
3. Pretty people can be lonely too. Don’t make assumptions about who people are, what they want or how they live their lives.
4. Remember that love does not discriminate. So be gentle with yourself and less critical of your beauty, brains and body.
5. Love knocks, but not when you’re sitting at home. New opportunities and people cannot find you if you are tucked away indoors on your couch.
6. Handbags do not just come in designer labels. From backpacks to Birkins, we all carry around lots of “stuff.” Since you can never tell what’s inside each person’s tote from day-to-day, try to take things less personally.
7. If it’s too tough, chances are it’s not healthy. Relationships should complete, not deplete you.
8. Taking is one of life’s greatest achievements. There is no shame in accepting help or admitting you need it.
9. Fight fears by facing them. There is something simply delicious about finding out what frightens you the most, and then conquering it on your own.
10. “No” may mean “yes” in sales but not when it comes to your love life. If it is too hard, it is not right.
11. Status is a symbol, happiness a state of being. There are plenty of miserable married people.
11. Letting go can be liberating. Always trust your gut–it will let you know if and when you are holding on to false hope.
12. It only takes one. One home cooked meal can nurture the soul, one new friend can change your life, one long bike ride can improve your mood.
Intent.com provides content and community for who you aspire to be–personally, socially and globally.