Those terrible ad magnets piling up? Have plenty of ‘em from old electronics? Don’t worry, there are a number of great ways you can use and reuse magnets. Click through to check out what you can do and give us your suggestions in the comments!
Earlier: 11 Surprising Uses for Egg Cartons
Around the House & Garage.
1. Remove Pesky Batteries. Just can’t get that stubborn battery out of its case? Make the job easier, and safer, with the help of a strong magnet. Just put the magnet over the battery, and it will slip right out.
2. Hold a Trash Bag in Place. Keep a trash bag firmly in the bin with the help of magnets so the bag doesn’t snag and nothing gets left in the bin.
3. Find a Stud in the Wall. Run a magnet along the wall to locate a stud, and when you feel the pull, you’ve found it!
4. Stop a Frozen Car Lock Dead in its Tracks. Having your car locks freeze over is a nightmare, but it’s easily preventable. Put a magnet on the lock overnight, and you shouldn’t have a problem in the morning.
5. Make Parchment Paper Stay Put. Parchment paper often curls at the ends when it’s placed on a baking sheet. Prevent that by placing refrigerator magnets in the corners to keep the paper down. Let the magnets cool for a bit before removing.
Related: 12 Surprising Uses for Cotton Balls