5. Barley Cereal
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cups quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 Tablespoon flax meal, ground
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1 Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Raspberries
1. Add 3/4 cups almond milk, barley, flax meal and salt in a large saucepan and stir. Bring to a simmer and stir frequently for about 10 minutes. Stir in dried cranberries and cinnamon and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. It’s ready when the cereal is creamy and tender.
2. Remove from heat. Pour remaining almond milk on top of cereal, stir in sugar and raspberries to taste.
Recipe Credit: Whole Living