- A domestic kitty can sprint at 31 mph.
- Felines have 230 bones in their bodies, but lack a collar bone. Humans have only 206 bones.
- Cats do not have sweat glands. Instead, they release heat from their paw pads. Only when a cat is suffering heat exhaustion will he or she pant like a dog.
- Scottish Fold kittens are all born with regular ears. At about three to four weeks, their ears begin to fold, if they have the gene for this characteristic.
- The technical term for a hairball is bezoar. Charming.
- The Egyptians, we all know, loved their cats. So much so, that when a cat died, human family members would show their mourning by shaving off their eyebrows.
- Since cats are asleep about 2/3 of each day, a nine-year old cat has really only spent about three years of its life awake.
How Cat Smart are You?
12 Animals With Amazing ‘Selfies’