When you dug through your closet to pull out those winter clothes, did you find a pair of jeans or two that are past their prime or no longer fit? Those old denims are perfect for all sorts of fun, crafty projects!
Some of these ways to reuse old jeans require a bit of sewing skill, but I’ve made sure to include lots of no-sew projects too. Whether you’re a savvy seamstress or an avid DIY’er that cringes at the thought of a needle and thread, there are lots of fun ways to repurpose old jeans!
1. Make stamps. Use those small denim scraps to make fun, repurposed stamps!
2. Sew a purse. Threadbanger shows us how to turn old jeans into a new purse.
3. Jeans to skirt. Refashion your wardrobe! You can transform an old pair of jeans into a brand new denim skirt.
4. Decorate. Use your crafty skills and make cute denim bunting out of those old jeans.
5. A rag rug. Do you crochet? A New Old Fashioned Gal shows you how to turn your jeans into repurposed “yarn” to crochet a rag rug.
Next>> More recycled denim projects!
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by quinn.anya