5. Melon Slaw.
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 4 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Small asian pear, julienned
- 1/2 Cucumber, julienned
- 1 Cup shredded jicama
- 1 1/2 Cups cubed watermelon
1. In a medium bowl, add shallots, mint, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to emulsify, and adjust seasonings to taste. Toss in pear, cucumber, jicama and watermelon, and toss in dressing to coat well. Serve at once.
Recipe Credit: Country Living.