Do you have some scrap wood lying around from a previous project, or some discarded wood that you couldn’t leave by the side of the road? Check out these beautiful wood craft ideas!
There’s something so enticing about reclaimed wood craft projects, isn’t there? Those weathered pieces of wood, fallen tree branches, or leftover scraps have a story to tell. Those stories get woven into whatever you make, and they add a dimension of character to your wood crafts that you just don’t get with new pieces of wood.
I will confess here that I’m not a power tool-wielding gal. Get beyond a project that calls for a drill or maybe a power sander, and you’ve lost me. Many of the wood craft ideas below are aspirational for me, but there are some in the mix that even a beginner can tackle. I tried to find wood craft projects for an array of skill levels, so no matter how handy you think you are, there should be something on this list for you!
16 Beautiful Reclaimed Wood Craft Projects
1. Fallen Branch Decor – Reclaimed paper and found wood combine to make an elegant accent piece.
2. Hidden Storage from Wood Pallets – Make beautiful rustic storage boxes out of discarded wood pallets.
3. Fallen Branch Toy Boats – Your kids can help with this project and play with the results. Perfect for a rainy day.
4. Branch Beads – Another fallen branch project that’s on the simple side.
5. Reclaimed Wood Fireplace – Kristi Murphy created a gorgeous fireplace using found pieces of wood.
6. Wood Pallet Day Bed – A couple of wood pallets become the base for cozy outdoor furniture.
7. Make a Rustic Accent Wall – This is another take on using reclaimed wood as wall paneling, this time in a nursery.
8. Pallet Coffee Table – At first glance, you’d never guess that this coffee table used to be wood pallets!
9. Simple Wooden Pencil Holder – This is one of those beginner projects, but I think the end result is so impressive!
10. Driftwood Candelabra – Make a tea light candelabra for your coffee table or mantle.
11. Fallen Branch or Driftwood Lamp – More found wood lighting goodness!
12. Wooden Trivets – This tutorial uses small pieces of wood and would be great for using up scraps from another project.
13. Rustic Bottle Opener – I love the function and simplicity of this project, and it would work with any scrap wood you have on hand.
14. Rolling Planter Box – Get your spring container garden started in reclaimed style!
15. Repurposed Key Holder – Never hunt for your key again with this shabby chic solution made from scrap wood.
16. Mason Jar Wall Planter – This is a great way to use a leftover wood plank, no sawing required! Just make sure that you use rocks below the soil, so your herbs get a little bit of drainage space.
Branch and Bird Decor and Pencil Holder images via Crafting a Green World