Home and Garden
12. Brass or Copper Cleaner – Combine equal parts flour, salt and white vinegar. Apply the mixture to your brass or copper with a sponge, let it dry, rinse with warm water and buff it with a dry cloth.
13. Buffing Stainless Steel – Flour is great for returning shine to stainless steel, like the kitchen sink. Clean, dry, then use a sprinkle of flour and a dry cloth.
Related Reading: 24 Surprising Uses for Salt
14. Clean Sticky Playing Cards – I don’t think I’ve ever played a game of cards without serving some snacks, and that can leave your deck kind of a mess. Clean off sticky cards with flour!
15. Stop a Grease Fire – Douse a kitchen grease fire with lots of flour to smother the flames.
16. Deter Ants in the Garden – You’d think that flour would attract ants, but putting flour around a plant that they’re bothering will actually deter them.