This unconventional twist on salad will have you tossing lettuce into the saute pan on the stove!
9. Pea & Green Garlic Salad
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 Stalks green garlic, tough parts trimmed & sliced into thin rounds
- Coarse Salt & Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh peas
- 2 Small heads butter lettuce, washed & torn into pieces
1. In a medium sauté pan over low heat, melt half of the butter. Stir in green garlic, a pinch of salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. It’s ready when the green garlic is fragrant and tender, but haven’t gotten any color. Stir in peas and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the peas are tender. Stir in remaining butter and lettuce and immediately remove from heat. Gently toss the salad until the lettuce has wilted and the butter has melted. If it seems too dry, add a tablespoon or so of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Credit: Andrea Reusing via Serious Eats.