3. Winter Greens Lasagna
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 White onion, diced
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Cups heavy cream
1 Pound kale, washed, stems removed and chopped
1 Pound swiss chard, washed, stems removed and chopped
1 1/2 Cups crème fraîche
9 Ounces no-boil lasagna noodles
1 Pound ricotta
2 Cups parmesan or romano, grated
Coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper
13-by-9-inch baking dish
1. Place rack in middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium. Stir in onions. Stir occasionally for about 2 minutes. Add in garlic and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally for another 3 minutes, or until onions and garlic are soft. Stir in cream. Working in handfuls, stir in greens until slightly wilted, adding more when there’s room, until you’ve added all the greens. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Spread 1 cup of the crème fraîche over the bottom of the baking dish, taking care to make sure it’s spread evenly. Cover with 4 lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping them. Next, add about 1/3 of the greens to lasagna with a slotted spoon in an even layer. Cover with 1/3 of the ricotta and 1/4 of the parmesan or romano. Add 2 additional layers of noodles, greens and cheese. Top with a final layer of noodles.
4. Pour 1/4 of the warm cream from the greens over the noodles. In a bowl, stir remaining crème fraîche and parmesan or romano, and coat top of lasagna with the mixture.
5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes, or until lasagna is bubbling and beginning to brown. Take out of oven, remove the foil and put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until the the sauce is bubbling and the top has fully browned. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Credit: Chow.com
4. Mustard Greens, Quinoa and Garbanzo Beans Salad
1. Make vinaigrette. Put all ingredients, including desired amount of salt and pepper in a lidded jar. Shake well. Set aside.
2. Stir quinoa, garbanzo beans and 1/2 half of vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Toss in mustard greens, olive, pepperoncini, green onion and feta. Combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: Carolina Living
Image Credit: Clagett Farm via Wikimedia Commons
Read more: All recipes, Appetizers & Snacks, Basics, Diet & Nutrition, Eating for Health, Entrees, Food, Health, Raw, Side Dishes, Soups & Salads, Vegan, Vegetarian, chard, collards, greens, kale, mustard greens, slideshow, vegetables, winter greens
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.