12. All Purpose Cleaner – In case you hadn’t noticed, this list is full of tips that use a one to one mixture of vinegar and water. Instead of mixing it up every time, grab an old, clean spray bottle and fill it up with an equal parts white vinegar and water mixture, so you’ll be ready to clean.
13. Remove the Smell from Glass Jars – Are you saving an old pickle or sauce jar for crafting, but you can’t get the smell out? Fill the jar halfway with white vinegar and the rest of the way with soapy water, shake it up, and let it sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes. Give it another vigorous shake before emptying it out and rinsing.
14. Get the Garlic Out – I love cooking with garlic, but I hate how it makes my hands stink! Once you’re done mincing, rub some white vinegar on your hands before you wash them to help get the garlic smell off.
Related Reading: The Thrifty Kitchen: Cooking with Fruit and Vegetable Scraps
15. Soothe Sore Muscles – After a long run, even a good stretch doesn’t always do the trick. Try drawing a hot bath with a couple of cups of apple cider vinegar and your favorite soothing essential oil, like lavender.
16. Soothe Sunburned Skin – Did you overdo it in the summer sun? Apply some apple cider vinegar to your sunburned areas to help your skin heal.
17. Clean Your Cutting Board – Soak a rag in white vinegar, and wipe bacteria and odors away. A double-duty cleaner!
Do you have a favorite use for vinegar around the house? Tell us in the comments!