What are the biggest problems you see with the way Medicine is practiced today? Here is my list, I am sure there are more:
1. Modern Western Medicine is based on a narrow “scientific” model, and arrogantly ignores and rejects therapies and entire medical systems that don’t fit this model.
2. Doctors are trained in hospitals in “crisis care” medicine, not to take care of the “walking wounded,” which is the majority of people. They need to be trained to take of the “walking wounded” as well.
3. Instead of treating the underlying causes or imbalances, Doctors often merely manage symptoms.
4. Symptoms are seen as something to be suppressed rather than a pointer to some underlying imbalance.
5. Doctors see the human body as a machine with separate parts that can be treated independently rather than as an integrated whole. In addition the mind and body are also seen as separate independent entities and emotions are often ignored.
6. Man is not seen as part of nature, and how what happens in nature effects humans.
7. We look for a magic bullet instead of all the possible factors that make up the total load which are causing the underlying imbalance. There is no understanding of the total load.
8. No belief that the body has a self-healing capacity and no ways to boost that capacity.
9. Everyone with the same disease gets treated the same way, patient uniqueness ignored.