Here in the U.S., Independence Day is coming up later this week. Check out some of these fun July 4th crafts that you and the kids can make together!
Aren’t holiday crafts fun? Crafting is such a fun way to entertain the kiddos when they’re out of school, and any time there’s a holiday coming up doing some themed crafts is kind of a no-brainer, isn’t it? Check out these fun July 4th crafts that you and the kids can make together to get your red, white and blue on!
1. Fireworks Sprinkles – You might not want your kids eating brightly-colored sprinkles, but they’ll love making firework art out of them.
Related Reading: 10 Healthy Summer Drink Recipes
2. Paper Lanterns – Grab a star-shaped decorative punch and make some pretty, patriotic paper lanterns.
3. Coffee Filter Flowers – This tutorial calls for new filters, but you can actually rinse and dry used coffee filters to make these red, white, and blue flowers.
4. Festive Bunting – Bust out those pinking shears, and let the kids dig into your fabric stash to create a simple July 4th decoration in less than half an hour.
5. Wax Paper Crayon Stars – Grab those broken red, white, and blue crayons and turn them into cute decorations! Just make sure you supervise your kids around the iron. If they’re really small, you may need to do this yourself while they watch the magic happen.
6. Homemade Play Dough – Whip up some homemade play dough in patriotic colors. Divide the dough into thirds, and leave one third uncolored for the white, and dye the other two red and blue!
7. Hanging Stars – Instead of new paper, let the kids paint on junk mail with red, white, and blue paint before folding and assembling these pretty stars.
Next: Even more patriotic crafts!
photo and graphic by Becky Striepe