By Nazia Mallick, Ode
Deep down we all wish to live a rich and enlightened life. That is why we make those resolutions every year, for greater biological efficiency, less disease, increased finances, a more successful career, and an increasingly better quality of life. It is still not too late. Only a few months have passed and there are several glorious months left to turn a new leaf, open a new chapter or just quietly revel in the sudden newness of your life.
You can still make your decisions about how you can add more life to your years.
Here is a good list of some wise suggestions to enhance the quality of your life on day-to-day basis. I hope they will bring much sweetness and a tremendous change in your outlook towards life.
- Great love and great achievement involve great risk. Take the risk anyway.
- When you love someone, love them deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it is the only way to live life fully.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship. Make amends immediately.
- When you realize you have made a mistake, hurt someone’s feelings, take immediate steps to correct it. Ask forgiveness.
- Keep your arms open to change, but don’t let go of your personal values.
- Talk slowly, but think quickly. Rationally.
- Quiet the voice in your head that says “I can’t do this.”
- Don’t quit, no matter what. Confucius said, “everything comes to those who wait.”
- Always live in a radiating possibility; become part of life’s song.
- Make conscious effort to change at least one negative attitude in your personality everyday. Surprise yourself.
- If you must fight, do it in a fair manner. Without calling/dropping names.
- Avoid judging people by their relatives. Accept them for who they are.
- When someone asks you a question that you wish to avoid answering, smile and ask, “Why do you want to know?”
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Spend some time alone. It has great potential to recharge your energies.