Here are five easy and expert tips from Sandy pukel, founder of the “Taste of Health” holistic cruise. Try one, or try a variety, ans see how soon you feel a difference.
1. If you’re thinking of going vegan. A gradual transition is always best, eliminating meat, then chicken, then fish, while at the same time incorporating into your diet vegan protein-rich foods such as wheat meat (seitan), tempeh, and tofu. If you go slowly this well help to lessen your cravings and reduce the failure rate.
2. Chew your food. It’s one of the most important things you can do for good health. Chew 25 to 50 times each mouthful at a minimum. If you are trying to heal yourself from a particular condition, increase the chews. Remember, good digestion starts in your mouth.
3. Choose brown rice. It’s simple, nutritious, and one of the most balanced foods to eat on a regular basis. To cook it: wash and drain the rice, and then soak the rice for at least two to three hours before cooking (this will aid with digestion). Remember, one cup of brown rice to two cups of water; add a pinch of salt before cooking. Cook in a covered pot by bringing the rice to a boil and then simmer for 50 to 60 minutes, depending on how wet or dry you desire your rice.
4. Promote good circulation. Scrub your entire body with a hot, wet, squeezed towel until the skin becomes pink. Do this every morning or every night before resting. If that’s not possible, at least scrub your hands, feet, fingers, and toes.
5. Live each day happily without being preoccupied with your health, and try to keep mentally and physically active.
Organic Spa Magazine is a national consumer lifestyle magazine about bringing spa wisdom into the modern green lifestyle. For a free digital subscription, click here.
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.