5 Handmade Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
1. We may be living in the digital age, but some things never change. The mix-tape will forever remain the ultimate symbol of love! Bust out your old cassette stereo and get going on the ultimate mix. Maybe some Prince, Neil Young, ELO, Yoko Ono, Berlin? Use an old photo of you for the case with a special message.
2. Last minute? Or simply struggling to find the right present? A personal gift certificate may cover your bases. What does your loved one really want? A clean house, a back massage? You can give it to them! This is a good chance to have some fun with the card too. Use stamps, stickers, collage, calligraphy, tie it with some ribbons to a box of chocolates and your efforts won’t go unnoticed.
3. The smell of love? You can make your own. Get some essential oils and jojoba oil (as the base) at the co-op or local apothecary and a little blue glass spray bottle and experiment with combinations. Try rose water and lavender or bergamot and sage.
4. Don’t just give cut roses for Valentine’s Day – give a living plant that will grow and thrive in your household. Have fun with it and paint the pot yourself or add some special rocks or shells to it. A perfect symbol of your growing love!
5. Okay, you may not have the best needle skills, but that’s why it’s the effort that counts. Try embroidering your love’s initials on a scrap of cotton or silk or a thrifted scarf. It’s a classic romantic symbol! You can find tutorials online if you really aren’t sure where to start, but even a tight running stitch can still read.
Related: 5 Great DIY Valentine’s Day Projects