Have you ever checked out the ingredients on your chosen facial cleanser? When it comes to personal care products, itís easy to load up on a bunch of junk and dangerous toxins. You always want to be careful about what you’re putting on your skin! Thatís why Iím always on the hunt for the best handmade products and instructions for making things myself. In the past, Iíve covered making and buying natural†candles, laundry detergent, lip balm, deodorant, lotion, soap and eye shadow. Now, letís talk about face wash!
Making facial cleanser is easier to make than people may think. My favorite part of making my own products is that itís easy to customize your products, so if youíve got specific needs due to your skin type, you can make it!
Four simple and awesome everyday products that you can use to clean your face include honey, yogurt, oil and cleansing grains (See: 11 One-Ingredient DIY Face Masks). But if you want to go for something specific that’s worked for me, I’ve included a favorite recipe below:
FACIAL CLEANSING RECIPE
- A clean spice jar with lid
- A box of pure baking soda
- Jojoba oil
- A glass bottle with a dropper lid
- Skin safe pure essential oils
- An awesome, pure honey (optional)
1. Fill the spice jar with baking soda.
2. Mix the jojoba oil with a few drops of essential oil into the glass bottle.
3. When ready to use, shake the spice jar once into your hand, mix the baking soda with 3-5 drops of the jojoba oil mixture, and a small dollop of honey (optional). Spread on to damp skin and massage gently. It might tingle a bit (fun!) Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
On the next page, check out five of my favorite natural, handmade soaps currently being sold online!