Baked Squash with Vegetables Add some coconut oil to your dinner with this yummy vegetable dish.
I love the sweet vegetables in this meal! So very yummy and so many Powerfoods in just one meal. Another great thing I like about this meal is that it is so simple to prepare and uses just one dish, which really minimizes the clean up.
1 medium squash
2 sweet potatoes
2 medium carrots
10 very small onions or cut up one big onion
3 – 7 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
1 tsp rosemary
3 tbsp. coconut oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste (optional)
1. Cut carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes and squash into 2 inch pieces.
2. Remove skins from onions and leave whole.
3. Place all vegetables into a glass casserole dish.
4. Mix in sliced garlic, rosemary, coconut oil or ghee, and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake in 400º F oven for 45 to 60 minutes till tender.
6. Stir occasionally while baking.
Now you have 5 recipes that you can play with–making variations with each one for variety and fun. Please experiment, adding your favorite ingredients for a tasty experience.
You may have noticed that there is only a little coconut oil in each recipe. Note that 1 tablespoon has 120 calories. We need just a little each day–without the excess calories–unless you need to gain weight.
For more on when and how to use coconut oil and when other oils are more appropriate, clicking on this link: How to Use Coconut Oil.