We’re always telling you how to take care of your body-but we almost forgot about your brain!
Do you also need a memory boost? Give your mind some short-term help by:
1. Paying attention: Really listen to a name when being introduced. Repeat it out loud and make a comment about it. (e.g. “Catherine, is that with a C or a K?”)
2. Using linking tools: Attach new information to information you already know.
3. Picturing it: Visualize a silly or strong image that you associate with someone (e.g. what animal does s/he remind you of?).
And you’ll overhaul grey matter in the long-term if you:
4. Make like a vegetarian: Blueberries, strawberries and anything green and leafy (especially spinach) contain brain-boosting compounds.
5. Stress less: Exercise reduces stress hormones that can impair memory. (In addition to exercise, try these 9 ways to stop stress!)
By Amanda Freeman
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.