5. Avocado Wrinkle Cream
Avocado is loaded with vitamin E, which is great for your skin, and a teensy bit of olive oil ups the moisturizing factor to help plump up the skin and minimize lines and wrinkles.
- In a small bowl, mash up 1 cup of avocado with 1/8 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Massage the mixture into your skin, and relax for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a washcloth soaked in warm water to gently scrub the cream away.
6. Homemade Sugar Scrub
Sugar and salt scrubs are excellent for exfoliating and sloughing away dead skin cells on problem areas like elbows, knees, and heels. All that you need to make your own are:
- A clean, glass jar for storage
- Large-grain sugar or sea salt
- Organic olive oil or coconut oil
Combine two parts sugar and one part oil to fill the jar, and you’re ready to scrub! If you want some more tips on making this scrub and how to customize it, you can check out the extended recipe.
Have you guys made your own beauty products out of food? Let’s share more recipes in the comments!
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by 91RS