3. Easy Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal and almond milk gently exfoliate and soothe your skin. This mask is perfect for calming oily or irritated skin. If you want, you can add a few drops (5-10) of essential oil to make this an even more relaxing experience.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/2 cup of rolled oats with just enough almond milk to form a paste. Start with 2 tablespoons and add liquid a tablespoon at a time until you have a good consistency.
- Smooth the mask onto your face and relax for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe off with a cool, damp washcloth.
4. Homemade Moisturizer
While it might seem a bit greasy to rub oil directly onto your skin, extra virgin olive oil is excellent for replenishing your skin without any harsh chemicals. Like the oatmeal mask, you can combine your olive oil with your favorite essential oil.
- In a 1 ounce dropper bottle, put 5-10 drops of essential oil, if you’re using it.
- Fill the bottle the rest of the way with extra virgin olive oil, and shake well to combine.
- To moisturize your face, put just a few drops on the skin and massage in well.
- For hands, knees, and elbows, you can apply more liberally. Start with a few drops and add more oil until your skin begins to soften.
Image Credit: Creative Commons photo by prettyinprint