7 Yellow Decor Ideas
It is Diwali season in India–a time to celebrate the Festival of Lights. Beginning tomorrow, a row of golden yellow lights will twinkle atop my front door, symbolizing radiance and good cheer. To learn more about Diwali, click here.
I’ve always felt that the easiest way to brighten up your life is to introduce a little yellow to the world around you. It is truly a magical color, inviting you to be optimistic and take positive action. There are a number of ways to harness yellow, but let me pick out my favorites for you:
- A bunch of yellow flowers in a simple vase—even a glass jar—can perk up your mood. After all, yellow is the color of energy and cheer!
- Just one bright yellow cushion among a pile of grays and browns is like a ray of sunshine.
- Pop a splash of yellow color beside glass, rock and green plants, and you’ll feel like you’re walking in a sunlit garden!
- Yellow paint is one of the easiest ways to wake up a drab wall or an entire room. Think buttery yellow, bright lemony, sunshine gold… they all look particularly fetching in the living room.
- Set a bowl of bananas, oranges and lemons on your table. Voila!
- Yellow combines beautifully with lavender and pink. Use this color scheme in the bedroom—you’ll feel both passionate and relaxed at the same time.
- Bright yellow towels against blue tiles evoke a sun-dappled pool in the bathroom.