7 Simple & Useful Household Tips
- Mash leftover stew with a suitable amount of wheat flour and make thick dough. Add salt, pepper, cumin seeds and any other spices you might like. Roll out the dough and bake it in a hot oven.
- Reuse an old photo frame: turn it into a lovely vanity tray. Tie a ribbon or glue lace to the borders of the frame for a charming romantic look.
- Don’t discard that old pair of clogs—turn them into planters. The holes are perfect for drainage. Line the shoes with moss, and plant small flowers or a delicate creeper in them.
- Hang your brand new planters by the laces in your balcony.If kneading the dough seems to take forever, just use cold water to do the job—cuts the effort and time in half.
- Can’t remember where you left your keys/glasses/phone bill? RELAX. Take a deep breath, and blank out every thought. Think back to the last time you saw that item, and suddenly that Eureka moment will come.
- Use a front-loading washing machine instead of a top-loading one. It uses less water, so you lower your water bill and do your bit to help the environment.
- Add a pinch of sugar when boiling green peas and beans, to help them retain their bright green color.