8 Clever Ways to Use Lint Rollers
Lint rollers get the job done. Dingy clothes? Not dingy anymore! Couch covered in dog hair? Good as new! But it’s time to move beyond the basics. Lint rollers are great for cleaning up some of the most difficult things to remove, and cleaning spaces that are difficult to access. Check out some insanely clever ways to make use of ‘em, and come back next week for ways to DIY lint rollers!
Coming Next Week: How to Make Your Own Lint Roller!
1. Clean Out Your Handbag: If you turn your bag inside out, odds are likely you’ll find a whole mess of lint, crumpled up papers, crumbs perhaps. Or maybe that’s just me?! Well, I’m willing to bet I’m not the only one whose bag could benefit from a lint roller.
2. Clean Up Glitter: Of all the things that are a pain to clean up, glitter is probably in the top 10. The stuff can linger for weeks, and cleaning is generally done in vain. That is, until, you use your lint roller – it’s probably the best method out there for cleaning up post-crafting.
3. Clean The Far Corners Of Your Car: Every car has those hard-to-reach spots where sunglasses and cell phones also go missing. For me, it’s the point between the two front seats that are difficult to reach from either the front or the back. Every time I need to retrieve something from this area, it always comes up with a fresh coat of dust and dirt. Try it out — you’ll be amazed at all the gunk on the roller!
4. Clean Lampshades: Lampshades are frustrating; you can’t always throw them in the washing machine, you might not have the right vacuum, you don’t want to spend the money on dry cleaning them, washing them by hand can be time consuming. Forgo all those, then, and use a lint roller.
Earlier: 14 Surprising Uses for Rubber Bands
5. Clean Broken Glass: Small glass shards are both a safety hazard and difficult to clean up thoroughly. If you’re cautious, you can use a lint roller to pick up the remaining chards. In this case, it’s perhaps best to clean up glass that isn’t on the floor.
6. Clean Out Drawers: Like handbags and cars, drawers have dark, mysterious crevices that can easily be neglected (and dirty!) Using a lint roller in drawers can help remedy the situation.
7. Quickly Clean Your Carpet or Furniture: Don’t have time to break out the vacuum or thoroughly clean the furniture? Lint rollers are a great quick fix; you can even use them on wood and glass!
8. Remove Dandruff From Clothes: Lint rollers are a great way for sufferers of dandruff or dry scalps to remove the unsightly white stuff from their clothing.