The best of both worlds!
yields two 9″ cakes
2 1/2 cups thick tofu milk (see below)
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
3/4 cup oil
2 cups dry sweetener
3 3/4 cups pastry flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. In a blender, blend 1/2 cup rinsed soft tofu with 1 1/2 cups of water. Add water and/or tofu until you reach the 2 1/2 cup line on the blender.
2. In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients in the first column including sweetener.
3. Sift together dry ingredients. Add the dry to the wet batter. Mix well.
4. Split batter in half. Pour one half into two oiled cake pans, filling one side only.
5. Add the following ingredients to the remaining batter in the bowl. (If too thin, add more flour, if too thick, add more milk):
1/3 cup carob or cocoa powder
1/4 cup sweetener (add more sweetener if using cocoa powder)
1/4 cup tofu milk
6. Add the carob batter to the other side of each cake pan and gently swirl or “marblize”.
7. Bake at 350° in a pre-heated oven for 40–45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.