Stir pomegranate seeds into a bowl of plain yogurt. Add some freshly chopped cilantro leaves, a little salt, and enjoy well-cooled.
1. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on your salad.
2. Drizzle a little pomegranate syrup into a mousse or upon cheesecake. Gives a lovely colour and flavour.
3. Omit the sugar in your bowl of cereal. Tip in some pomegranate seeds instead!
4. Pomegranate seeds give good company to cheese and crackers. They’ll make your platter gleam, too.
5. Offset savory flavours such as grilled chicken or veggies with the sweet tanginess of pomegranate. Your taste buds will be pleasantly surprised.
6. Put a few pomegranate seeds in a champagne glass. Pour over your favourite cocktail, or even just fresh fruit juice. Enjoy the crunch of the seeds between sips.
7. Chill the seeds well, and eat them straight off the bowl with a spoon. Divine!
8. Along with oodles of flavour, pomegranate seeds are packed with health benefits. In India, we have a saying: “Ek anaar, sau beemar,” which means “one pomegranate can cure 100 people.” The other interpretation of this is: so coveted is the fruit, that 100 people hanker after one piece! Either way, the saying underlines the importance of this colourful fruit.
Ayurveda has known for centuries what modern research seems to be finding now. Nevertheless, a quick glance at the healing benefits of this ruby-red fruit will probably make you join the long list of pomegranate lovers:
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.