If you find it a daily challenge to dish up a good breakfast that keeps you active all day long, here’s help!
- Wholemeal pita filled with crumbled cottage cheese that’s been seasoned with freshly crushed black pepper and coarse sea salt. Sliced grilled tomatoes go well with this
- Lightly toasted ciabatta bread brushed with olive oil and topped with frozen peas that have been thawed and lightly pounded with cream and mint leaves. Enjoy this delicate bruschetta with any of these drinks.
- Smoothie made from 200 ml skimmed milk, 1 banana and 2 handfuls of any berry; and 1 or 2 slices of wholewheat toast with a little olive oil spread
- 2 eggs, scrambled and served with unlimited grilled mushrooms and tomatoes, washed down with a glass of orange juice.
- 2 eggs, boiled, poached, scrambled or made into an omelette with herbs. Enjoy them with 1 slice of wholegrain or rye toast topped with a little olive oil spread
- 1 hearty bowl of cooked oats, salted and lightly stir-fried in olive oil with onions, tomatoes, crushed garlic and topped with cottage cheese
- Wholegrain bread sandwiched with sliced cucumber, tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, boiled and sliced potatoes and green cilantro-mint chutney. In India, this is popular as Bombay Sandwich, though that is made without bell peppers.
- Begin your day with stewed apple or pear. I think it is the best breakfast you can have. Read more about the benefits of lightly cooked fruit and the cooking method here.
- Try something different! Upma is a hot favorite in southern India. It’s super-easy to make and tastes absolutely great. In this post, I’ve told you what it is and how to make it.
I am always looking for yummy breakfast ideas. Do share some!