A Greenie’s Top 10 Wish List
Because of my health problems I have been a non-toxic greenie for 28 years. Since we had so many medical expenses in the early years I used to yearn for the day when I could have an organic bed, or organic soil shipped in for a vegetable garden (which I still dream of, every year).
Interestingly, my wish list hasn’t changed much, and some of my desires have been achieved, such as an organic bed, and I have one hand-dyed, organic wool Tibetan carpet. The designs are of the medicinal plants of Tibet. What perfect imagery/energy to have in my living room. Here are my top 10 wishes for greenness; I am very curious to hear about yours.
1. Organic wool bedding, including mattress, pillow, and comforter. Organic bamboo sheets.
2. Hand-dyed, organic wool Tibetan carpets.
3. Organic fruits, veggies, and dairy delivered every week, 12 months a year.
4. Geothermal heating system.
5. A water filter that alkalinizes the water.
6. Organic wool cushions for all of my couches and stuffed chairs.
7. Zero-VOC paint colored with natural minerals for beautiful, mellow hues.
8. A local manicurist who does 100 percent natural manicures.
9. A vacation in an eco-hut on St. John, in the Caribbean
10. A hip franchise with non-toxic/green cosmetics and hair care products for teenagers.
I didn’t even get to the clothes and shoes. What is on your green wish list?
Annie Bond is the author of a number of books on green living, most recently Home Enlightenment (Rodale, paperback, 2008).