My experience as an evolving adult woman, as a sexologist and as an educator has made me highly motivated to cultivate a list of resources that might be a great starter kit for most people interested in exploring adult sex education.
Your sex life is important, take the time and check out my list. You deserve the best support there is – and it simply makes sense to keep evolving and learning about sex beyond the skill required to put a condom on a cucumber you mastered in high-school.
Pamela’s Adult Sex Education Starter Kit of Resources to Check Out:
1. The Pleasure Mechanics is an adult sex education site run by two women. It has wonderful, affordable videos that teach all kinds of sensual touch which they demonstrate mostly on human replicas. Their instruction is easy to understand and well done. It is a non-pornographic site which makes learning comfortable for most people.
2. Check out speaking or working with a Certified Sexologist. One of the newest professions in our country is “Certified Sexological Body Workers” which are somatic sex educators. This new profession began in California, and now there are “CSBs” all over the world. To learn more about working with a CSB check out their professional organization website.
3. Consider attending a workshop. I am a huge fan of the programs put out by The Body Electric School. They have workshops for all genders, or you can participate in a workshop just for women or just for men. All sexual orientations are welcome.
4. Read! There are some wonderful books available that can support your own adult sex education journey. What’s on my bookshelf? Here is a short list! Check out: The Erotic Mind by Jack Morin, Ph.D, Momentum: Making Waves in Sexuality, Feminism and Relationships Edited by Tess Denesi, Dee Dennis, Inara De Luna with a Forward by Dr. Jocelyn Elders. Ecstasy is Necessary and Urban Tantra By Barbara Carrellas. The Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy.
5. Get E-Mail! Sign up to receive the Sex and a Healthier You free educational newsletter put out by HealthyWomen and The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals.
6. Find Community. As my gift to all Care 2 readers, I am offering a free membership to my “Shameless Community” (usually a $25.00 one time membership fee) where you find support offered by sexologists and intimacy coaches, educational non-pornographic videos, and lots of people just like you who are sharing and supporting each other in understanding adult sexuality and relationship challenges. This is not a dating or “sex” site. It is a support and educational community. Please put “PT Offer” in your initial profile and do not pay the membership fee. You can learn more and join here: Shameless Community.
What To Do After Reading This Article?
Check out the resource list! Like it! Leave a comment, and please share this article with your social networks.
Learn more about me, and my book by visiting my website Being Shameless.
Read more: Blogs, Health, Healthy Aging, Life, Love, Recharge Your Life, Relationships, Sex, Sexual Health, Women's Health, Barbara Carrellas, Being Shameless, Dossie Easton, Ecstasy is Necessary, HealthyWoman, Jack Morin, Janet W Hardy, Momentum, Pamela Madsen, PHD, Planned Parenthood, sex, Sex and a Healthier You, Sexological Body Work, Sexual Shut Down, sexuality, Sexuality coach, Shameless Community, The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals, The Ethical Slut, The Pleasure Mechanics, Urban Tantra
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.