Alchemy and Transformation
By any measure, alchemy is magical. You can’t turn lead into gold by heating it, beating it, molding it into different shapes, or combining it with any known substance. Those are simply physical changes. Likewise, you will never cause an inner transformation by taking your old self and hammering it with criticism, heating it up with exciting experiences, reshaping how you look physically, or connecting with new people.
When you consciously align with the principles, you give yourself an opening for transformation.
Write down the nine principles as they personally apply to you and begin to live them. Carry them around with you; refer to them as reminders every few days. It’s better to focus with intention on one principle a day than trying to include too many at once.
1. The events of my life reflect who I am.
2. The people in my life reflect aspects of myself.
3. Whatever I pay attention to will grow.
4. Nothing is random–my life is full of signs and symbols.
5. At any given moment, the universe is giving me the best results possible.
6. My inner awareness is always evolving.
7. The direction of life is from duality to unity.
8. If I open myself to the force of evolution, it will carry me where I want to go.
9. The fragmented mind cannot get me to unity, but I have to use it along the way.
Adapted from The Book of Secrets by Deepak Chopra (Harmony Books, 2004).