Lately, I have been quite worried. Daily, in the evening, I feel unwell. The soles of my feet burn. My forehead feels warm. My throat is slightly sore. Then I pop a paracetamol, and a few minutes later, there is relief.
However, the discomfort of feeling out of sorts doesnít go away. It is frustrating, because I have so much work to do. Subconsciously, I have been blaming my body for not cooperating with me at this crucial time.
So, this evening, I asked for an extension of deadline, and decided to do some much-needed thinking. Yes, finally,† my weary body compelled me to sit back and pay attention.
Almost immediately, realisation dawned upon me. I have been so out of touch with the needs of my body, for so long! Too busy to listen, to occupied to meet its simple needs. A quick list of what Iíve been doing wrong:
- I ran out of fresh fruit about a week ago. Havenít had the time to replenish supplies.
- Iíve been too busy to munch on almonds, raisins and other immunity boosting foods.
- My schedule does not allow me to plan a daily menu, so I am making do with quick-fix meals, reheated soups and stews, which Ayurveda does not recommend, since leftover food is devoid of prana, or vital energy.
- I am unwell, so I am not going to the gym. I am not getting any exercise, so I continue to feel unwell. A vicious cycle.
- On the professional front, Iíve taken on too much more than I can handle. The sheer volume of work and the† resulting stress keeps me awake late into the night, and tossing in bed.
And these are only some of the ways in which I have been neglecting myself.
Who, then, has the right to complain? Meófor not being able to do as much as I need to? Or my body, which isnít getting the respect it deserves to?
Also, any tips on how I can bring my body back on track? Feeling a bit out of ideas right now!