Banish Mold from Bathroom Grout Formula
There has been a lot in the news recently about the respiratory health problems associated with mold. Since our bathrooms are often the dampest rooms in the house, they become a breeding ground for dangerous molds and mildew–and grouting between tiles is often the first place it starts.
Now you can zap that bathroom mold and mildew, safely and naturally. You only need one ingredient to do the job, and you probably have a bottle of it in your bathroom cabinet. Itís inexpensive, odorless, and it keep your grout looking beautifully bright! Find out the secret, and other great mold-banishing tips, right here:
Hydrogen peroxide is the way to go.
1/2 cup 3-percent hydrogen peroxide solution (from your local pharmacy)
1 cup water
1. Combine water and hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle. Spray this on the moldy areas and do not rinse.
2. Hydrogen peroxide will lose its mold-busting power if exposed to air, so only make as much solution as you will be using at one time.
To reduce mold in your bathroom, you can also try these 3 easy steps:
1. Install an exhaust fan to remove mildew and mold-causing humidity from your bathroom. Be sure the fan has enough air movement to remove the moisture, and be sure to exhaust the fan all the way up through the roof or out the wall to the outside.
2. Mold dislikes light, so consider leaving a light on in areas that are prone to mold.
3. Change bathroom towels and rugs frequently to avoid moisture build-up.
By Annie B. Bond