BBQ Grills Sending People to the Hospital

Barbecue grills send a few people every year to the hospital for reasons besides burns or food poisoning. Instead, people are being injured by the stainless steel cleaning brushes. The metal bristles can break off and easily get lodged in food and then swallowed by us. Patrick Jones has more on this danger in your backyard. Photo Credit: diongillard via Flickr.

BBQ Grills Sending People to the Hospital
Odd News by NewsLook

53 comments

Aud Nordby
Aud nordby4 years ago

ty

SEND
Donna Hamilton
Donna Hamilton4 years ago

Thanks for the info.

SEND
Nicole Bergeron
Nicole Bergeron4 years ago

I throw the grill rack right into the body of the grill and keep turning it until it is burnt and then use a cleaning brush, I do it AFTER I get done grilling and keep it covered until i grill. I never do it before hand, my father taught me that. And if we don't use it for winter (some days we pull it out if the garage and light it up in the dead of winter) I do a spring clean on it when spring hits and days before I grill anything.

SEND
Abbe A.
Azaima A4 years ago

thanks for the warning

SEND
Dale Overall

A good thing to know, one always has to be careful while engaging in a favourite activity then keeping the grill clean! Will buy a new small BBQ and use an alternative method to clean it!

SEND
Kamryn M.
Kay M4 years ago

nasty.

SEND
Russell R.
Russell R4 years ago

Next time you clean your grill, put on your glasses!

SEND
Erika M.
Erika M4 years ago

I occasionally clean my grill with a wire brush, usually I just let the fire burn it off.

SEND
Robert P.
Robert P4 years ago

I clean my grill whenever I bbq with a wire brush and have never had a problem, I just wait till the grill is good and hot then brush quickly with long handle brush, stuff just falls right off and how would broken wire get in the food anyway? Chew carefully is always a good idea.

SEND
Sheri P.
Sheri P4 years ago

i don't have a grill so no worries...

SEND