Seasonal veggies and fruits harmonize beautifully in this symphony of colors, textures and tastes. Where “healthy” is made incredibly tasty, and perfect balance is a breeze.
Ingredients (appetizer for 2 / entree for 1)
* 2 golden and/or red roasted beets (45 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees F)
* 1/4 pear
* 1 big handful baby spinach
* micro-greens (optional)
* Parmesan shavings
* pomegranate seeds
* walnuts / pumpkin seeds / pistacchio
* Peel and thinly slice beets; arrange slices on a large flat plate.
* Thinly slice pear and lay down in petals on top of beet slices.
* Top with a nest of spinach leaves.
* Sprinkle with scissor-cut chives, Parmesan, pomegranate seeds, nuts or seeds.
* Drizzle some lemon juice and olive oil (to taste)
* Season with salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
Disclaimer: The views expressed above are solely those of the author and may
not reflect those of
Care2, Inc., its employees or advertisers.