Berry, Lavender and Chocolate Jam (Recipe)
You’ll love this jam on crepes and croissants in particular, but even on plain old toast it’s divine!
- 8 1/2 Cups Fresh raspberries
- 3 Cups sugar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon fresh culinary lavender buds
6 Sterilized, cool and dry 8 ounce jam jars
1. Stir to combine raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Turn the heat to medium and let the mixture simmer, slowly stirring, for around 5 minutes. If any foam develops on the surface, skim it off. Remove the saucepan from heat and set aside.
2. Off the heat, stir chocolate and lavender into the raspberry mixture until the chocolate has melted completely. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Cover the bowl with parchment paper and refrigerate it overnight so the flavors can meld.
3. Simmer raspberry mixture in saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes, skimming off any foam that forms. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to jam jars, using oven mitts so you don’t burn your hands. Cover each jar and store upside-down overnight to cool.
Unopened jars will keep for 6 months in a cool, dry place. After you open the jar, keep it in the fridge for up to one month.
Recipe Credit: All Things Lavender.