After sharing with you the heart-wrenching, but incredible recovery of Andre the dog, and the death-predicting abilities of Oscar the cat, it is time for something a little more lighthearted – another cat quiz. This time I challenge you to test your BIG cat knowledge! How well do you know lions, tigers, cheetahs, leopards, and more?
Answers are at the the end of the quiz. (How many did you guess correctly? Were any of the answers a big surprise?)
1. Which big cat cannot fully retract its claws?
2. This graceful American cat is known by several names including mountain lion. List four other common names for this New World cat.
3. Which cat has a trademark tuft at the end of their tail?
4. Which big cat does not roar, but purrs and chirps instead? (Hint: the answer is NOT lions inhaling helium)
5. Which big cat has the largest ears and longest legs in proportion to their bodies?
6. Which big cat is known for its very long tail – a tail that can be as long as the body, thus doubling the length of this beautiful cat?
7. Which big cat gets to claim title of “the biggest of the big cats”?
8. How many subspecies are there of tigers? Four, six, or nine? How many of these are now extinct?
9. Which big cat has the most powerful bite?
10. Which big cat has throughout modern history taken a liking to human flesh?
Next: the answers