If you’re still on the hunt for great gifts, hit the bookstore with this list of fun and inspirational books.
Every Dog Has a Gift: True Stories of Dogs Who Bring Hope & Healing into Our Lives by Rachel McPherson with Deborah Mitchell
For the dog lover in your life, this heartwarming collection of stories about “ordinary” therapy and service dogs is sure to bring a smile to their face (and a tear to their eye).
Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet by Christy Morgan
Written by a vegan macrobiotic chef and food blogger, Blissful Bites includes delicious, seasonal, and environmentally-friendly recipes that use locally grown, organic ingredients, many of which cater to raw and gluten-free diets.
Making It: Radical Home Ec for a Post-Consumer World by Kelly Coyne & Erik Knutzen
Perfect for the eco-conscious DIY enthusiast, Coyne and Knutzen, have crafted the essential guide to becoming a producer instead of a consumer. The book is full of ingenious projects, from making your own bath and cleaning products to how to compost and build a chicken coop.
Cooking in the Moment: A Year of Seasonal Recipes by Andrea Reusing
Filled with beautiful photos, this guide takes you through a year of seasonal and local cooking – and enjoying food in the moment.
Thomas Berry, Dreamer of the Earth: The Spiritual Ecology of the Father of Environmentalism edited by Ervin Laszlo & Allan Combs
For the environmental thinker on your list, this anthology presents 10 essays from leading philosophers, scientists, and spiritual visionaries on the genius of Berry’s work and his quest to resolve our global ecological and spiritual challenges, as well as a little-known but essential essay by Berry himself.
Big Vegan by Robin Asbell
With more than 350 recipes, the vegan in your life won’t get bored with this cookbook. Or, if you know someone who wants to try veganism, this guide also includes all the fundamentals about going meat- and dairy-free.
Living in the Light: Follow Your Inner Guidance to Create a New Life and a New World by Shakti Gawain
The 25th anniversary edition of this classic provides timeless wisdom for those who might be embarking on the path of consciousness for the first time, or in new ways as the world keeps changing. Simple exercises help readers put these powerful teachings into use in all areas of life, including love, money, and health.
Your True Home: The Everyday Wisdom of Thich Nhat Hanh
Your True Home includes 365 days of practical, powerful teachings from the beloved Zen teacher.
The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women: A Portable Mentor by Gail McMeekin
Combination guidebook and inspirational treasure, The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women profiles 45 dynamic women who share their secrets for success. Together they offer an inspirational roadmap, providing all the tools women need to uncover their own authenticity and realize their creative dreams.
You Can Create an Exceptional Life by Louise Hay & Cheryl Richardson
Bestselling authors Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson bring together their considerable wisdom in empowering conversations about loving yourself, prosperity, positive relationships, and more.
Next: Books by our bloggers
Books By Our Bloggers
One of the many reasons we love our bloggers – they’re great writers! Check out a sampling of their books here (and click on their names to see their blogs).
- No More Secs! Living, Laughing, & Loving Despite Multiple Sclerosis by Ann Pietrangelo
- Super Natural Home: Improve Your Health, Home, and Planet – One Room at a Time by Beth Greer
- Happy Together: Creating a Lifetime of Connection, Commitment, and Intimacy by Dr. Bill Cloke
- The Country Almanac of Home Remedies: Time-Tested & Almost-Forgotten Wisdom for Treating Hundreds of Common Ailments, Aches & Pains Quickly and Naturally by Brigitte Mars and Chrystle Fiedler
- The Complete Guide to Holistic Cat Care by Celeste Yarnall and Jean Hofve
- The Complete Idiots Guide to Detoxing Your Body by Delia Quigley
- Be the Change: How Meditation Can Transform You and the World by Ed & Deb Shapiro
- Complete Without Kids: An Insider’s Guide to Childfree Living by Choice or by Chance by Dr. Ellen Walker
- Small Changes, Dynamic Results! Feng Shui for the Western World by Erica Sofrina with Kate Jewell
- Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles by Gabrielle Bernstein
- Embrace, Release, Heal: An Empowering Guide to Talking About, Thinking About, and Treating Cancer by Leigh Fortson
- What’s Up Down There? Questions You’d Only Ask Your Gynecologist If She Was Your Best Friend by Lissa Rankin
- Eat to Defeat Menopause: The Essential Nutrition Guide for a Healthy Midlife by Dr. Mache Seibel and Karen Giblin
- Downward Dog, Upward Fog: A Novel by Meryl Davids Landau
- The Life Force Diet: 3 Weeks to Supercharge Your Health and Stay Slim with Enzyme-Rich Foods by Michelle Schoffro Cook
- Shameless: How I Ditched the Diet, Got Naked, Found True Pleasure…and Somehow Got Home in Time to Cook Dinner by Pamela Madsen
- The Other 8 Hours: Maximize Your Free Time to Create New Wealth & Purpose by Robert Pagliarini
- Simply Imperfect: Revisiting the Wabi-Sabi House by Robyn Griggs Lawrence
- Essential Ayurveda: What It Is and What It Can Do for You by Shubhra Krishan
- Through a Dog’s Ear: Using Sound to Improve the Health & Behavior of Your Canine Companion by Susan Wagner and Joshua Leeds (music created with Lisa Spector)
- Love That Works: A Guide to Enduring Intimacy by Wendy Strgar