If you’re a big blue cheese lover, serve this with additional crumbled cheese. Or, add more to the recipe, in 1/4 cup increments, until you reach your desired flavor.
Butternut Squash, Blue Cheese & Rosemary Risotto
- 7 Cups+ low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 Cups finely chopped onion
- 1 2 Pound butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded & cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Teaspoons chopped fresh sage or rosemary, divided
- 2 Cups arborio rice
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 4 Cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 Cup crumbled blue cheese
1. In a large saucepan over high heat, bring broth to a boil, then cover, and simmer over low heat.
2. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in squash and 1 1/2 teaspoons sage or rosemary. Cook for about 4 minutes, coating squash well with butter. Stir in rice, and stir for another 2 minutes. Stir in wine, simmering and stirring until evaporated, 1-2 mintutes. Carefully pour in 1 cup of broth. Stir constantly until the broth is absorbed, and add another cup of broth. Repeat until the risotto is creamy and just a little soupy, and the rice is tender. If needed, add more broth to reach desired consistency. Remove from heat, add spinach, and parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to serving bowl. Add blue cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, stir to combine, and serve piping hot.
Recipe Adapted From: Epicurious.