GARDEN VEGETABLE PIZZA
Straight from the garden, these vegetables make a colorful topping on this delicious pizza. The fresh basil and the delicateness of the vegetables give this pizza a light feel but packed with yummy pizza flavor.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 x 9 inch pizza crusts (we use Udiís*)
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
1 cup tomatoes, diced small
3 tablespoons red onion, minced
1 cup zucchini, shredded
ľ bunch basil, fresh, sliced thinly
2/3 cup goat cheddar, shredded
2/3 cup mozzarella, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush pizza crust with oil and garlic and bake in oven at 350 degrees for only 3 minutes (just enough to infuse the oil & garlic flavors, but not enough to brown.) Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Spread pesto on cooled pizza crusts.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of both types of cheese per crust.
- Layer with zucchini, onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
*Udiís pizza crust is a gluten free pizza crust that is very thin and is sold at Whole foods and various health food stores. But any pizza crust you like will work. The thinner the better so the dough isnít a distraction from the delicate flavors of the vegetables on top.